We invite you to explore The Royal Gorge Region and consider the story, “Move over Moab. Colorado’s Royal Gorge Region is America’s Next Big Adventure Destination.” Should you visit, we’d be happy craft a personalized itinerary.
Moab is said to have it all–biking, rafting, hiking, climbing–you name it. But it also has crowds. LOTS of crowds. In fact, so many people come to Moab, campsites are almost always full and lodging prices are well above average.
Ditch the crowds and head to Colorado’s Royal Gorge Region, the next big adventure town offering everything Moab has and MORE.
Mild year-round weather, thousands of acres of open space, and many natural wonders beckon outdoor enthusiasts to:
- Rock climb at Shelf Road, Colorado’s premier sport climbing destination
- Raft the Arkansas River through the Royal Gorge
- Bike or hike one of several unbelievable trail systems
- Four-wheel through open space and around unique geological formations
For an activity a bit out of the ordinary, try:
- A helicopter tour over the Royal Gorge
- A Segway tour across the Royal Gorge Bridge, America’s highest suspension bridge.
If building a sweat isn’t your thing, the Royal Gorge Region offers many other activities sure to capture the imagination and make memories to last a lifetime. Check out:
- The Royal Gorge Route Railroad, a passenger train that travels along the floor of the Royal Gorge, Colorado’s “Natural Wonder.”
- The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, where you can walk or soar across the gorge, enjoy fabulous dining, see a show, and more.
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey, winner of “2018 Winery of the Year” by the Colorado Association of Viticulture and Enology.
- Florence, Colorado, Colorado’s Antique Capital
- The Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience, which showcases the region’s geological history and worldwide significance
- The Arkansas River Walk or Tunnel Road in Canon City
- Skyline Drive, one of North America’s most unique and harrowing roads
Want to learn more? Visit www.RoyalGorgeRegion.com