If you’ve shopped in all of Florence’s antique shops still have time to explore further, the Royal Gorge Region offers a never-ending list of fun activities. However, these attractions are sure to please folks of all interests.
- Visit the Winery at Holy Cross Abbey for a tasting of award-winning wines against a beautiful mountain backdrop. Set on the grounds of the historic Abbey Winery, a stop at the winery will not only please your palate but your thirst for history too.
- Open year-round, the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park is the place to be where all members of your family will make a memory. From the high-adrenaline seeker to the pursuer of nature’s beauty, to the innocence of a child’s wonderment, the 360° of pure Colorado surroundings will amaze the whole family.
- Stroll along the Arkansas Riverwalk or take a hike on one of the Royal Gorge Region’s many trail systems.
- Take a deep dive into the region’s unique history at the Florence Pioneer Museum and the Museum of Colorado Prisons.
- Take a ride on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad, Colorado’s first and finest scenic streamliner for an epic adventure along the tumbling waters of the Arkansas River deep within the granite cliffs of the Royal Gorge. Classes of service hark back to a time when travel was an elegant and leisurely affair, which has earned the Royal Gorge Route Railroad its reputation as the country’s premier excursion railroad.