- This event has passed.
Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival
July 22 - July 23$5
The 13th Annual Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival (RGWF) features whitewater competitions and land-based recreation events to celebrate the whitewater season. Enjoy summer flows in a fantastic whitewater setting in historic Cañon City, Colorado. Held in the refurbished and family-friendly Centennial Park, the Whitewater Festival pairs boats, bands, and beer for a weekend of fun-filled (and whitewater-fueled) events. It’s the biggest party of the summer in Cañon City and one not to be missed. It’s all about “Boats, Bands, and Beer!”
Profits from the festival benefit Royal Gorge RIO (formerly the Whitewater Kayak Recreation Park or WKRP). This non-profit organization supports the continued expansion of the Whitewater Park, river restoration, and community causes.
- The Festival will be subject to all COVID-19 regulations and restrictions. Please be prepared to bring and wear a mask if necessary.
- Entry Fee: $5 adults, Children 12 and under FREE
- Event participants receive FREE entry with paid registration
- Dogs are NOT allowed in the festival area, with the exception of the Weenie Dog Race participants and trained service animals
- In order to consume alcoholic beverages you must be 21 or older and have identification
- No outside food or alcohol is allowed in the festival. You may bring a refillable water bottle (subject to search) for drinking water.
- All bags are subject to search
- No firearms are allowed in the festival area